The Angry Molesting Tree or 'AMT' is one of the Monsters within the Facility. It is listed on the Whiteboard and is bet on by The Wranglers department. It is released during the first wave of the System Purge and is seen several times.
Physical Description and Attributes[edit | edit source]
It is depicted as a large, leafless and slow-moving tree. Judging by its name, it can be assumed the AMT harasses or kills its victims in an extreme sexual nature such as rape or sexual assault. The roots and branches of the Tree protrude from sides and rear of it, which help it move and ensnare its victims, as it can be seen doing so to an unconscious Facility employee later on from a CCTV camera.
It is unknown what item from the Cellar summons it, but its possible dead leaves or tree sap could.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The AMT is summoned during the first wave of the Purge. After being released, it is seen grabbing a security guard and dragging him into its elevator. The elevator then spews out blood from the entrance, implying that the tree violently killed the him in some unknown manner. It is then seen later on a monitor using its roots to drag an unconscious worker off screen as mentioned earlier.
Inspiration[edit | edit source]
This monster is an easy reference to The Evil Dead, where a woman is attacked and raped by possessed trees.
Other films with notably aggressive trees include:
- Poltergeist , in which a tree drags the boy from his bedroom window
- The Harry Potter series, which features the Whomping Willow
- The Wizard of Oz, which features the Angry Apple Throwing Trees
- Sleepy Hollow (1999), where a person is shown disappearing in the roots.
- The Last Unicorn, in which a tree attempts to kill someone by smothering him between her giant wooden breasts.
- The Happening, in which trees and other flora release a neurotoxin which forces people to commit suicide
- The Guardian , in which a nurse, in reality a witch, tried to sacrifice children to a malefic tree
- Jumanji, in which a carnivorous vine plant is one of the jungle monsters unleashed by the titular haunted board game.