Demons are one of the Monsters on the whiteboard. They were not bet on by any department.
They are depicted as fully red-skinned humanoid creatures with medium length tails, horns, pointy ears and wings.
It is possible that a magic spell book summons them.
A sculpture of one is seen in a behind the scenes photo. One can be seen jumping on a facility worker through a blood-drenched camera on one of the monitors.
Demons are one of the oldest known antagonists in Ancient Mesopotamian religion, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Celtic mythology, literature, European folklore, and modern media. They have their origins in the ancient legends of Persia and the stories of Ormazd, the god of creation, who fought Ahriman, the god of evil and prototype of the Biblical Devil. Later cultures such as the Babylonians and Hittites later adopted characteristics of ancient demons to apply to evil gods, such as Baal. In the horror genre, demons typically have a physical presence, usually a body of their own or a form claimed via possession of living things, mostly mortals.
In literature and movies, demons are usually represented in one of three forms. One is that of very ancient beings forgotten on Earth, such as the those in the Chthulu Mythos. The second type are evil gods from ancient mythology, such as Baal or Pazuzu, and are usually assisted by hordes of lesser demons or goblins. The third type are the evil spirits of human beings who continue to exist by feasting on the souls of the living, such as Freddie Krueger from the "Nightmare on Elm Street" franchise.
Some examples in TV, film, and literature include:
- Demons by Lamberto Bava, in which they are fast and vicious with long nails and long splayed teeth for tearing flesh.
- Night of the Demon
- Sometimes They Come Back (Short Story)
- Sometimes They Come Back (Film)
- The Exorcist (novel)
- The Exorcist (film)
- Hellboy(2004 film)
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- Hellboy: Sword of Storms
- Hellboy: Blood and Iron
- Hellboy: The Science of Evil
- Hellboy: The Black Wedding
- Hellboy: Pyramid of Death
- Hellboy: The Yearning
- Hellboy: House of the Living Dead
- Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others
- Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom
- Hellboy: The Troll Witch and Others
- Hellboy in Hell
- Fantasia (1940 film)
- This Is the End
- I, Frankenstein
- Season of the Witch (2011 film)
- Doom 3
- Night of the Demons
- the demons in Charmed or in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.