Throughout the movie they are shown to have access to modern military weaponry, explosives and modern communications, surveillance and information technology. They even have some technical capabilities that surpass current real-world limits, such as the invisible hexagonal wall that confines the sacrifices to the ritual area.
Despite its modern professional atmosphere, the Organization still has some customs that have carried over from its origins as a cult, devoting prayers for their sacrifices following the rituals.
The Organization has various annual operations that are performed at once all over the world in order to better their chances of successfully pleasing the Ancient Ones. Some of the locations in which they perform the ritual are:
- The Facility in the United States (where the movie takes place)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Madrid, Spain
- Kyoto, Japan
- Rangoon, Burma
- Berlin, Germany
- The Organization must have some government ties due to the fact that Daniel Truman is a government recruit and has been briefed by and transferred from an unnamed U.S. government agency. In addition, the credits list a role for "military liaison," played by Ellie Harvie, who had a similar role in the Stargate series.
- The Organization may be loosely based on The Illuminati or similar semi-mythical global organizations. They are also very similar to the SCP Foundation
- The clip of the Stockholm branch seen on the monitors, featuring a burning structure, is in fact from the ending scene from the 1997 disaster film Dante's Peak.
- The clip of the Rangoon branch seen on the monitors, featuring a damaged tropical countryside being surveyed by a military force, is footage from Roland Emmerich's Godzilla (specifically: the scene where the military discover evidence of the monster's presence in Panama.)
- The different Organizations have different modus operandi. While the American Organization requires a virgin, athlete, whore, fool and scholar for their sacrifice; their Japanese equivalent is able to use kids (which, presumably, cannot contain a 'whore' or 'athlete').